The Siskiyou Artists Association is pleased to offer $750 scholarships to promising young artists in Siskiyou County. The scholarships, awarded annually, are available to students enrolled at College of the Siskiyous and to graduating Siskiyou County high school seniors. If you know of an eligible individual who is planning to continue their art education, please encourage them to apply. Applications must be received by SAA no later than April 30, 2021.
Qualifications and Instructions
- Applicant must plan to enroll in the fall semester at an accredited college as an art major.
- Applicant must have a minimum of a 2.3 grade point average and provide a transcript.
- Applicant must furnish at least one letter of recommendation from an art instructor.
- Applicant will be required to meet with the Siskiyou Artist Association Scholarship Committee at a designated time to display a portfolio of his or her art projects.
- The scholarship recipient must provide proof of enrollment for the fall semester by the school registrar.
- The scholarship recipient must show a sample of his or her art at the Siskiyou Artists Association Art Show held in late August thru early September at the Sisson Museum in Mount Shasta.
The scholarship award will be presented at the reception for the annual Siskiyou Artists Association Art Show.The scholarship check must be cashed within six months.
Send completed application, letter of recommendation, and a copy of your transcript to:
Siskiyou Artists Association
P. O. Box 1654
Mount Shasta, CA 96067
2021 Scholarship Award Winner – Darby Banks
The winner of SAA’s 2021 scholarship is Darby Banks! Darby graduated from Etna High School and will attend Santa Barbara City College this Fall working toward an AA in Studio Arts. The scholarship committee was extremely impressed with Darby’s portfolio. Darby is passionate about art and works in–watercolor, drawing, and digital art. She took all the art classes offered at Etna High School and then took painting and art history through College of the Siskiyous this summer. She plans on transferring to a four year university after Santa Barbara to obtain a Bachelors of Arts.
Darby will have work in the SAA Fall Members Show at Siskiyou Arts Museum September 11th through November 6th.