The Siskiyou Artists Association is pleased to offer $750 scholarships to promising young artists in Siskiyou County. The scholarships, awarded annually, are available to students enrolled at College of the Siskiyous and to graduating Siskiyou County high school seniors. If you know of an eligible individual who is planning to continue their art education, please encourage them to apply. Applications must be received by SAA no later than April 30, 2021.
Qualifications and Instructions
- Applicant must plan to enroll in the fall semester at an accredited college as an art major.
- Applicant must have a minimum of a 2.3 grade point average and provide a transcript.
- Applicant must furnish at least one letter of recommendation from an art instructor.
- Applicant will be required to meet with the Siskiyou Artist Association Scholarship Committee at a designated time to display a portfolio of his or her art projects.
- The scholarship recipient must provide proof of enrollment for the fall semester by the school registrar.
- The scholarship recipient must show a sample of his or her art at the Siskiyou Artists Association Art Show held in late August thru early September at the Sisson Museum in Mount Shasta.
The scholarship award will be presented at the reception for the annual Siskiyou Artists Association Art Show.The scholarship check must be cashed within six months.
Send completed application, letter of recommendation, and a copy of your transcript to:
Siskiyou Artists Association
P. O. Box 1654
Mount Shasta, CA 96067
2019 Scholarship Award Winner – Alex Budesa
The winner of SAA’s 2019 scholarship is Alex Budesa, a COS student who has transferred to Humboldt State as an art major. Alex’ background and interest in art has been an integral part of his life. While completing courses at COS, Alex has been a member of Siskiyou Art Museum and participated in First Fridays. In addition to drawing and painting, he has a driving interest in digital art and intends to earn a degree in digital illustration as well as a California Teaching credential in the arts. Alex also plans to own an art business associated with design for such items as clothing, logos, and large installations for events like music festivals. He is excited about his future at CSU and looks forward to adding his creative forces to our ever-evolving human culture.
Alex received his scholarship at the SAA ‘s 62nd Annual Art Show reception on Friday, August 16, 2019. Some of his recent work was on display during the show.