ARTICLE I NAME
The name of this organization shall be: Siskiyou Artists Association Incorporated.
ARTICLE II CORPORATE POWERS
This corporation shall be governed by an Executive Board subject to approval of policies by a Board of Directors, all of whom shall be members in good standing.
ARTICLE III OFFICE
This corporation shall maintain its principle office in the County of Siskiyou, State of California, but may have offices and transmit business at such other places as the Executive Board and Board of Directors may from time to time appoint.
ARTICLE IV EXECUTIVE BOARD AND BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- The Executive Board shall be composed of the President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
- The Board of Directors shall be composed of the above named officers and additionally of three members, called Directors, and up to three Advisors (any past Presidents). Committee Chairs are encouraged to attend Board meetings reporting on their Committees. The following Committee Chairman will have voting privileges: Annual Show Chairman, Newsletter Chairman, and Publicity Chairman. This makes a total of 13 voting members. A quorum for voting purposes is a simple majority of voting members (6-7, depending of the number of advisors).
- All members of the Executive Board and of the Board of Directors shall be elected by the general membership. (see Article V, #3)
- The term of office for the officers shall be one year, commencing the first day of the calendar year. The President ‘s term of office shall be limited to two consecutive years. In the event the Nominating Committee is unable to find a person willing to serve as President and there is no volunteer to accept the position, the current President, if willing to serve, may have his/her term extended.
- The term of office for the Directors shall be three years.
- The outgoing President shall serve as Advisor to the Board for three (3) years with full voting privileges.
- The policies of the corporation, and the control and inventory of its properties, shall be vested in the Board of Directors.
- In the interim between regular meetings, the Executive Board shall have charge of regular and other business of the corporation. It may order disbursements to meet the necessary expenses of the corporation.
ARTICLE V ELECTIONS
- A Nominating Committee shall be appointed by the President to present a slate of officers for the ensuing year, to be offered at the September meeting.
- Nominations may be made from the floor for each office following the report of the Nominating Committee.
- The election of Officers and Board of Directors will be held at the October meeting.
ARTICLE VI DUTIES OF OFFICERS
- The President shall preside at all meetings of the corporation, appoint committees, conduct the business of the corporation according to these By-Laws, and following the Parliamentary Procedure of Roberts Rules of Order .
- Vice-President. In the absence of the President, shall take over duties of the President and shall be responsible for programs.
- The Secretary shall keep the records of the corporation, its business and other meeting minutes, record the business of the Board of Directors and the Executive Board, answer all correspondence as directed by the corporation, and report on these matters as required by the membership.
- The Treasurer shall keep a record of all monies collected and expended by the corporation, give a report on same as required by the membership, and pay all approved bills of the corporation by check only.
- The Historian shall keep the corporate history in an annual album.
- One or more members of the Executive Board and the Board of Directors may examine the books and accounts at any time.
- Funds may be transferred at the Board of Directors meeting.
- The corporation’s checks shall be signed by two of four certified signatures. Signatures to be certified shall be the President, Past President, Treasurer, and Past Treasurer. For convenience or necessity, one signature of a member of the corporation, not of the four persons heretofore named, may be substituted and certified as one of the four signatures used in the checking account of the corporation. This action, if taken, must be by unanimous vote of the Executive Board and the Board of Directors.
ARTICLE VII MEETINGS
- There shall be at least five (5) regular meetings of the corporation each year on the third Sunday of the month between the months of February to October. Meetings will be held at the discretion of the Board.
- There shall be at least five (5) business meetings of the Board of Directors and the Executive Board of the corporation each year. Business that may require vote of the membership shall be taken up at a regular meeting.
- Special meetings may be called by the Board of Directors or by one-third of the membership, notifying the membership five days in advance by mail or other means.
ARTICLE VIII MEMBERSHIP
- Any resident of Siskiyou County or elsewhere, upon payment of the annual dues, may become a member of the Siskiyou Artists Association, Inc.
- Each regular member shall have one vote and be entitled to all privileges of membership.
- Membership is for the balance of any calendar year, regardless of when such application is accepted during the year, unless new members signed up at or after the annual art show.
- Honorary members and sponsors shall not have a vote, but will be entitled to other membership privileges.
- A membership majority at any regular meeting may vote in honorary memberships, either as a form of special recognition or other consideration.
- Members may be expelled for nonpayment of dues or for other just reasons by the Board of Directors or by a vote of the membership. Expelled members will be entitled to an open hearing of the membership by making a written request to the Executive Board, which the Board will set the hearing date.
ARTICLE IX CERTIFICATION OF MEMBERSHIP
Certificated of membership shall be of such form and device as the Board of Directors may elect, and each certificate shall be signed (by the Treasurer) and express on its face the date of issue, membership number, and the name of the member.
ARTICLE X DUES
- The dues for each regular and associate member shall be determined by the Board with the consent of the membership, and payable at the first of each year. New members’ dues will be payable upon receipt of application and be good for only that portion of the year remaining, unless signed up at or after the annual art show.
- Payment for dues constitutes a membership fee.
- The dues for married couples shall be determined by the Board, and payable at the first of each year.
- Life members and honorary members shall not be subject to any annual dues.
- Members, whose dues are not paid by the 2nd newsletter, will be notified. If not paid by the 3rd newsletter, their names will be dropped from the membership roster.
ARTICLE XI QUORUM
- A quorum of the Board shall be 6 or 7 (a simple majority) voting members. See Section IV, #2.
- A quorum of the general membership shall consist of 25% of the membership.
ARTICLE XII EXHIBITS
Ribbons and awards on all judged exhibits will be given for original works of art only.
ARTICLE XIII AMENDMENTS
These By-Laws may be amended at any regular meeting by a two-thirds vote of those members present, providing that sufficient notice has been given to the membership as to the amendment or amendments being considered.