Our members range from beginning artists to skilled professionals. All you need to join is enthusiasm for visual arts and $25. Just complete the membership form below and mail it with a check for annual dues ($25 for an individual or $35 per family) to Siskiyou Artists Association, P. O. Box 1654, Mount Shasta, CA 96067.
SAA is a non-profit organization governed by bylaws filed with the State of California.
2021 SAA Officers
|Vice President||Anne Hill|
2021 SAA Committee Chairpersons
|Art Show Chair(s)||Anne McTavish|
|Silent Auction||Ann Jensen|
|Membership Chair||Darlene Ball|
|Web Site||Sharon Swingle|
2021 Board Advisors
The above Officers, Chairpersons, and Advisors constitute the SAA Board of Directors.
General meetings are usually held in February, April, June, July, and October. There are no general meetings in March, May, August, September, November, and December. Meetings begin at 2:00 p.m.; however, if you plan to bring your art to a critique meeting, be sure to be there with your artwork no later than 1:30 p.m.
2021 SAA Meeting Schedule
No general meetings are planned at this time. Members will be notified if we are able to meet before the Annual Show.
|February||Cancelled due to Pandemic|
|April||Cancelled due to Pandemic|
SAA meetings are generally held at the Lake Shastina Community Center (click this link for directions and a map), 15244 Driftwood Lane, Lake Shastina. At each critique meeting, up to three Artworks of the Month are selected by a vote of the members and guests present. At the October meeting, members vote for the Artwork of the Year from among those works selected at the critique meetings. Click HERE to see our past award winners!
- The artwork must be submitted by 1:30 p.m. on the critique meeting day.
- Artists may submit one piece of art per critique meeting.
- The artist must be present.
- Art must be dry and ready to hang or display. Watercolors must be matted but do not need to be framed.
- The artist’s name, the title of the piece, and the medium used must be noted on the back or bottom of the work.
- Guests may present art work to be critiqued.
- Three artworks will be selected by vote of the members present as Artworks of the Month.
- The winning artworks and artists will have their picture taken for the local newspaper. Winning artists are reminded to make themselves and their artwork available to the photographer immediately at the close of the meeting.
All critiques are conducted by professional artists and art instructors from Northern California or Southern Oregon.