Our fall members-only show is scheduled! The 64th annual SAA annual art show to be held again at the wonderful Siskiyou Arts Museum and will run from September 10th to November 5th. The big change this show is that we ask all art submitted is to be for sale. Dates below:
|Entry Forms Due||Friday, August 5, 2022|
|Deliver Art Work||Saturday, September 3, Siskiyou Arts Museum|
|Hang the Show||Tuesday, September 6,2022|
|Critique Artist||Wednesday, September 7|
|Art Show Opens||Saturday, September 10, 2022|
|Art Show Closes||Saturday, November 5, 2022|
|Pick Up Art Work||Sunday, November 6, 2022|
Critique Artist for 2022:
Our critique artist will be Redding artist, Barbara Enochian. From the Favell Museum website:
(Barbara Enochian) earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Art History from UC Berkeley. Barbara was impressed with the Abstract Expressionist and Figurative art movements that were popular at that time. In the early 1990’s she returned to art, studying at Shasta College in Redding, CA for eight years. Since then Barbara has been teaching art, has had many solo and group shows, and has sold her work all over the U.S. Barbara is interested in depicting reality with an emphasis on her personal interpretation of nature. She aims at defining the essence of a landscape whether it is the glow of a pink dawn, the wild wind of a storm approaching, or the craggy rocks on the Oregon coast juxtaposed against brilliant pink flowers. Barbara often uses collage and oil pastels in her acrylic paintings to add texture and pattern and encourages the viewer to look closely and appreciate the surface detail.
Original art only. No reproductions, including Giclee prints or other inkjet copies.
- Mixed Media
- Printmaking (e.g., etching, lithography, etc.)
- 3-D (e.g., sculpture, woodcarving)
- Water Media
- Other (e.g., encaustic, alcohol ink)
Sorry, no photography or digital art.
There will be no awards presented again in 2022. We will have a people’s favorite visitors poll. Barbara Enochian, the critique artist, will provide a critique for each piece in the show, and each artist will be provided with a copy of the critique for their work.
SAA members only.
Rules of Entry
- Maximum number of entries: Each member may submit 2 artworks plus one alternate (3 total). The alternate will be displayed if space allows.
- Maximum size of entries: All wall-hung entries must fit within a space 30” wide x 84” (7 feet) high, including frames. If a third piece is submitted, all 3 must fit within this rectangle. If this is exceeded, art may be eliminated at the discretion of the show chair.
- 2-D art must be dry, properly framed, and ready to hang. WIRE HANGERS ONLY.
- Art must be original (i.e., no reproductions), completed by the artist within the past three years, and not previously shown at the SAA Annual Show.
- Art may not be removed prior to the scheduled pick-up date of November 6, 2022. Art not picked up by 6:00 p.m. on that date may be charged a storage fee of $5.00 per day.
- Late entry forms and late art will not be accepted.
- SAA will have full authority over positioning and display.
- SAA reserves the right to refuse any entry.
- Artists agree to allow SAA to photograph any entries and use those photographs for show publicity.
- All art must be for sale and artists who do sell work at the show will contribute 40% of the selling price to the Siskiyou Arts Museum. Artists are encouraged to provide a biography and business cards to facilitate the sale of their art.
- Artists agree to retrieve their work on the pick up date listed, or to make arrangements to have it picked up by someone else on that date. SAA and Siskiyou Arts Museum assume absolutely no responsibility for art that is left at SAM beyond the designated pick-up date
- SAA will take utmost care in handling the art but assumes no liability for loss or damage.
No entry fee this year!
Entry in this show indicates acceptance of all rules as listed above.
Questions: E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Again this year we will hold a silent auction to raise money for our scholarships. They may be framed or matted and protected in plastic (if appropriate), and must be no larger than 9″ x 12″ (framed). All proceeds will go to the Scholarship Fund.
If you have agreed to donate cards for sale at the show or pieces for the silent auction, please bring them with your entries on September 3rd. Proceeds from the card sales will go to the Siskiyou Arts Museum.