We have a packed schedule for 2023! Our members range from beginning artists to skilled professionals. All you need to join is enthusiasm for visual arts and $25. Just complete the membership form below and mail it with a check for annual dues ($25 for an individual or $35 per family) to Siskiyou Artists Association, P. O. Box 1654, Mount Shasta, CA 96067.
SAA is a non-profit organization governed by bylaws filed with the State of California.
2023 SAA Officers:
|Vice President||Cindy Corrales|
2023 SAA Committee Chairpersons
|Art Show Chair(s)||Anne McTavish|
|Silent Auction||Joy Price|
|Web Site||Sharon Swingle|
2023 Board Advisors
The above Officers and Chairpersons constitute the SAA Board of Directors.
General meetings begin at 2:00 p.m.; however, if you plan to bring your art to a critique meeting, be sure to be there with your artwork no later than 1:30 p.m.
2023 SAA Meeting Schedule
|February 19th @ 2 PM||General Meeting, elect officers, award trophy|
|March 19th |
@ 2 PM
|General Meeting & Critique, Willow Balfry; Composition Focal Point|
|April 16th |
@ 12:30-4 PM
|Workshop, Jasmine Crutchfield; Make a pair of Beaded Earrings|
|May 21st |
|General Meeting & Critique Kim Presley; Is Your Piece Ready to Show?|
|June 11th |
@ 2 PM
|Demo, Dave Shuteroff, Mobiles: Dave will show how to select interesting materials to create truly original, unique and fun kinetic sculptures. He will also bring some examples to the meeting, and demonstrate his technique for creating them, including suggestions and examples of materials and tools needed.|
|July 16th |
@ 1:30 PM
|General Meeting & Critique Chris Messer, bring unfinished work for suggestions on next step.|
|Aug 20th |
@ 2 PM
|Demo, Rachel Streeter; Mosaics to hang on the wall|
|Sept. 2nd |
Tent. 1-4 PM
|If you are in the Member’s Show, deliver art to Siskiyou Art Museum (see Show page for details) The member’s show runs Sept. 9-Nov. 4. No general meeting in Sept.|
|Oct. 15th |
@ 2 PM
|General Meeting, select Officers|
All SAA meetings this year are to be once again held at the Lake Shastina Community Center (click this link for directions and a map), 15244 Driftwood Lane, Lake Shastina. At each critique meeting, up to two Artworks of the Month are selected by a vote of the members and guests present. At the October meeting, members vote for the Artwork of the Year from among those works selected at the critique meetings. Click HERE to see our past award winners!
- The artwork must be submitted by 1:30 p.m. on the critique meeting day.
- Artists may submit one piece of art per critique meeting.
- The artist must be present.
- Unless otherwise requested, art must be dry and ready to hang or display. Watercolors must be matted but do not need to be framed.
- The artist’s name, the title of the piece, and the medium used must be noted on the back or bottom of the work.
- Guests may present art work to be critiqued.
- Two artworks will be selected by vote of the members present as Artworks of the Month.
- The winning artworks and artists will have their picture taken for media and the website. Winning artists are reminded to make themselves and their artwork available to the photographer immediately at the close of the meeting.
All critiques are conducted by professional artists and art instructors from Northern California or Southern Oregon.