As many other organizations SAA has been cautious in returning to in person meetings. Most of the year’s large group meetings in 2021 were cancelled with the board officers meeting virtually several times during the year. Thankfully, we were able to still have our membership show last year, which was a big success.
We have tentatively scheduled meetings for 2022, following CDC guidelines as we progress through the year. See our schedule below. Our first meeting this year was February 20th back at the now remodeled Lake Shastina Community Center and it was great to see each other! To read more about that meeting, see our “Latest News” page to read an article by Betsey Shuteroff.
Our members range from beginning artists to skilled professionals. All you need to join is enthusiasm for visual arts and $25. Just complete the membership form below and mail it with a check for annual dues ($25 for an individual or $35 per family) to Siskiyou Artists Association, P. O. Box 1654, Mount Shasta, CA 96067.
SAA is a non-profit organization governed by bylaws filed with the State of California.
2021 SAA Officers
2021 SAA Committee Chairpersons
|Art Show Chair(s)||Anne McTavish|
|Silent Auction||Ann Jensen|
|Membership Chair||Darlene Ball|
|Web Site||Sharon Swingle|
2021 Board Advisors
The above Officers, Chairpersons, and Advisors constitute the SAA Board of Directors.
General meetings are usually held in February, April, June, July, and October. There are no general meetings in March, May, August, September, November, and December. Meetings begin at 2:00 p.m.; however, if you plan to bring your art to a critique meeting, be sure to be there with your artwork no later than 1:30 p.m.
2022 SAA Meeting Schedule
General meetings for the year are set.
|February 20th @ 2 PM||Critique by Chris Schneider! Board Meeting to precede meeting.|
|April 24th @ 1:30 PM||Critique by oil painter Chuck Prudhomme|
|June 12th @ 1:30 PM||Critique, Artist TBA|
|July 17th @ 1:30 PM||Critique, Artist TBA|
|October 16@ 1:30 PM||Demonstration TBA|
All SAA meetings this year are to be once again held at the Lake Shastina Community Center (click this link for directions and a map), 15244 Driftwood Lane, Lake Shastina. At each critique meeting, up to three Artworks of the Month are selected by a vote of the members and guests present. At the October meeting, members vote for the Artwork of the Year from among those works selected at the critique meetings. Click HERE to see our past award winners!
- The artwork must be submitted by 1:30 p.m. on the critique meeting day.
- Artists may submit one piece of art per critique meeting.
- The artist must be present.
- Art must be dry and ready to hang or display. Watercolors must be matted but do not need to be framed.
- The artist’s name, the title of the piece, and the medium used must be noted on the back or bottom of the work.
- Guests may present art work to be critiqued.
- Three artworks will be selected by vote of the members present as Artworks of the Month.
- The winning artworks and artists will have their picture taken for the local newspaper. Winning artists are reminded to make themselves and their artwork available to the photographer immediately at the close of the meeting.
All critiques are conducted by professional artists and art instructors from Northern California or Southern Oregon.